wtorek, 7 stycznia 2020

The Cholos (Missouri - US, Garage Rock) - mało znane zespoły

The Cholos  (Missouri - US, Garage Rock)  -  mało znane zespoły





Miałem wielką przyjemność porozmawiać  (internet)  z gitarzystą tego zespołu Pete Starr. który
przekazał mi kilka cennych informacji o tej grupie.
The Cholos - został założony w Fort Leonard Wood  (Missouri, US)  w 1965r. - w składzie :
- D.J. Bohn  -  lead guitar
- Pete Starr  -  rhythm guitar
- Donald "Doc" Longfellow  -  drums
- Steve Vossberg  -  bass.
Grupa nagrała jeden singiel :
- "Last Laugh"  (Don Longfellow - D.J. Bohn)
- "Whistling Surfer"  (Pete Starr - D.J. Bohn),
wydany w 1966r. na etykiecie Farad Records  (F 19A663 / F 19B663, ultra rzadkie wydawnictwo
w cenie 700 USD).











Tylko strona "A" singla - "Last Laugh"  jest w miarę dostępna  (wydawnictwo kompilacyjne
"Teenage Shoutdown - Vol.12").















Druga strona singla - "Whistling Surfer"  (dla większości nieznany utwór)  jest bardzo trudna do
zdobycia.
Grupa The Cholos, została rozwiązana w 1967r.




Pete Starr :

"... I think we first got together in 1965.  There was me, Donald "Doc" Longfellow (drums), Steve Vossberg (bass), and I can't recall the name of lead guitarist.  We formed up at Ft. Leonard Wood, MO.  We were all Army brats.  I think our single was released in 1966.  It was the only recording we ever made.  We dissolved in 1967.  I went on to become a martial arts instructor and police officer (drug enforcement).  I still teach some classes and I've authored 8 books now available on Amazon.com or through Barnes & Noble...and I'm still writing.  🙂  Althougj I've looked online, I haven't been able to find Doc Longfellow or Steve Vossberg..."

"...Yep- the B side was a tune I wrote.  Thank you for reminding me of DJ's name, after all these years!!! ..."




Many thanks to Pete Starr for information about the band and the time devoted to me.






Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz